Thursday, October 13, 2005

Just Stuff...

The Catch...


We played a doubleheader last Sunday in softball. I told my team in a email that it's time to get a win under our belt, that this is our time to step up. We lost the first game 7-6, but we had played our best game to date. We didn't allow a 7 run inning, which was good. The second game was our breakout game. We won 16-8. Put that on the board!! Yes!! The offense came to life. This was the first week that EVERYONE was there, which usually helps.

My hamstring is getting better. I can run pretty well, but it's still a little difficult to bend down to touch the ground. On Sunday I played short center, basically in between second base and the centerfielder. I was very active and very effective. I made many great plays, misplayed one ball that I took my eyes off of, and almost turned a double play, but the play that everybody will remember is that great catch I made.

It was in the first game when it happened. I was in short center and the ball was hit towards right field. I ran from my position to right field. I had called the female off in right that I had the ball. I thought that I took a good angle to the ball. I stopped and was ready to catch the ball, but there was one problem. The ball kept going and I had already stopped for it. It was now sailing over my head and now I was running for it again. My back was now facing the infield and everybody as I was running, the ball still sailing. By me turning my back to go for the ball, it was very difficult now because I didn't know how far the ball was going. It seemed like it was up there forever. Since now I'm running away from the infield and the ball falling, I stretched my arms out to try to catch it. The ball came down and right into my hands. I caught the ball. It didn't hit me until after the game of what I did. It was the third out of the inning and people were on base, so I'm glad I caught it or they would have scored. My team along with the other team congratulated me on the catch. It was like that Willie Mays catch over the shoulder back in da day. I don't know if I will ever be able to make that catch again, but ya never know.


White Sox, White Sox, Go..........White Sox...


The White Sox won Game 2 of the ALCS versus the Angels on Wednesday night. There has been big talk about what happened in the ninth innng of that game. Pierzynski was batting and he took a third strike in the dirt. When the ball hits the ground on the third strike, the batter can run to first base. Even though it was a strikeout, the catcher has to pick up the ball and throw down to first base. The Angels catcher didnt do this, resulting in Pierzynski getting to first. There was a four minute delay in which the Angels manager came out to argue. The umpires stayed by their call. Joe Crede, the next batter, slams the ball into left field and the White Sox scored the winning run to even the ALCS at 1-1. I personally think that the ball changed directions in the glove and it hit the ground. This could be the turning point of the ALCS but we'll have to wait and see. Go White Sox!!!


Plan In Effect...


If you resd my previous post, then you may know about my plan to become a millionaire in five years. I just want to share a few things in regarding this statement that I made. Some people have encouraged me with this and believed that it could happen. Some are helping me and giving me advice on it. As usual, there are others who believe that I am talking out the side of my neck. Now a lot of people know that I am the type of person who doesn't care about what others think. I have dressed differently, acted differently, thought differently, etc. I am now developing into a person that can focus more on the goals that I set for myself, rather than just let them fall by the waste side. A few have told me that a million dollars is not a lot of money these days. For one, My mission is to be a millionaire, I didn't say anything about being financially free. Secondly, the last time that I checked, a million dollars is a lot of money, to me that is. Now I guess that these people that are telling me this MUST have experienced having a million dollars at one time in their life. They have NOT unless I didn't know about it.


To me, a million dollars is a lot. It is basically what you do with the million dollars that separates you from others. In this day in age, people get more money, and they spend more. You get a pay raise and now you want a big screen TV and home theater system. You buy a bigger house, a more expensive car. I have also learned what a LOT of people don't know is that it doesn't matter if you make $30,000 or you make $300,000, what matters is what you DO with the money. People turn a million dollars into 100 million, and some turn it into $1,000 dollars. It solely depends on the person. I am focused now, not even friends or family can stop me now. Some people don't agree with my plan, but why should I care? People will get left behind in my mission. I can't help it, but it will happen. People are more concerned about me getting a job, with good benefits, job security, and I am more into trying to obtain passive and residual income. I will get a job but I know that I will not be there long. I will concentrate on replacing my income so I can have more time to complete my mission. I know that I will be sacrificing things in the process, but that's okay. I will do what I have to do. I want to open a bar and grill spot in the city and I will because I said so. Period. I will continue to pursue my dream of financial freedom and if you don't like it, tough!


Drink of the Day...


Adios Motherfucker...


1/2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Gin
1/2 oz. Tequila
1/2 oz. Rum
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
2 oz. Sour Mix
2 oz. 7-Up

Pour all ingredients (except for 7-Up) into a glass filled w/ ice cubes...
Top off with 7-Up and stir...


-Da Original 1-

3 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO at the drink for the day. See u soon.

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What a very interesting blog about income make money online residual and wanted to let you know how impressed I was with the information that you have posted here on the Internet. I also have a website I made relevant to your topic about income make money online residual so I know that your resource is a great asset to everyone on the Net!"

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home