Wednesday, September 28, 2005

No Sun on Sunday...

Double Defeat...


Our softball team suffered another loss this past Sunday at the hands of a team that was very beatable. We lost 19-13 to fall to 0-2. We were out of four players, but they were too. It was 8 on 8. My hamstring wasn't 100%, as a matter of fact, far from it. I had it wrapped up and decided to give it a go. I went 3-4 with 2 home runs and a triple. If it wasn't for the hammy, that triple would have been my third home run. I also drove in 8 runs (Grand Slam, two-run homer, and two-run triple). but.............it doesn't mean shit if you don't win. I felt bad that I couldn't play the outfield where I was really needed. I had to settle for pitching. I thought I could have given the outfield a try, but running the bases I felt it and it was a wrap. We held practice after the game because it's hard for people to get together during the week.


I did make it to my friend's house to see the Bears/Bengals game. Did anyone see the dance that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson did on his first score. Hilarious!!!! LOL!!! Orton threw five interceptions and they lost 24-7. I didn't see Benson play not one down. They don't have a second receiver to compliment Mushim. They fell to 1-2 on the season with a bye week coming. The good news is that the rest of the division is bad as well. With Detroit 1-1, Minnesota 1-2, and Green Bay 0-3, the Bears have a chance to get shit together and contend for the division.


Rita...

As you know, the Hurricane hit hard in Texas and Louisiana. I look at the news and see people reporting from Beaumont, Texas, where most of my family resides, and to see the damage that Rita caused in that city and also Cameron, Louisiana, it's a tough thing to go through. I currently do not know if my family has been allowed back to Beaumont yet. In due time, I will know...


Drink of the Day...

Candy Bar...

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Cream
1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao
1/2 oz. Frangelico

Blend Frangelico, Kahlua, and Creme de Cacao...

Add cream, served in a highball glass...

So chocolatey....


-Da Original 1-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home