Friday, September 23, 2005

Hittin' Home....

Hurricane Rita...


Another hurricane people is working it's mojo in da Gulf of Mexico. Last time I checked it was about 140 miles from Port Arthur, Texas. My whole family on my mother's side lives in the radius where Hurricane Rita is to hit. Galveston, Houston, Beaumont, Lake Charles, you get the picture. Ironically, my grandmother's name is....you guess it...Rita. What do you think with a hurricane that carries your birth name? That would rub me the wrong way if there was a Hurricane Jaloni coming to wreck shop on where I reside. Well most of my family is out of the harm from the hurricane. I believe I still have an uncle who is still in Houston. On the news I just saw that there is no gas in Houston. Let me repeat myself. There is no GAS!! in Houston. People were fighting. standing in line for 2 1/2 hours, people were filling up their gas cans and walking down to people who were waiting and attempting to sell gas to them. It's like a ghost town.

Galveston, if hit directly or not, will feel the wrath of Rita. I have been on that island several times. The west side of the island is not protected by anything. There is a possibility that the whole island will be under water. So cities surrounding Galveston, like Baytown and Nassau City may feel it too. The Sabine Pass, located by Port Arthur, can get hit and cause a lot of damage as well. With Lake Charles, this city is on the Gulf, water can run up on the beach and into the city. That will not be pretty. The hurricane, with the high winds, can also cause a bundle of tonadoes as well. I can go on about other cities and what could happen, but it will just upset me more. Knowing that my family is out of harm's way is important, and I am thankful for that.


-Da Original 1-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home