Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Update on......ME!!!

He has Awaken from Somewhere....


I have yes, risen from somewhere. Since June 9, I have had things happen but I just wasn't in the mood to type about it. I have had other things storming over my brain, interfering with my ability to do one of the things that I enjoy doing, which is to....you guess it....BLOG. For that I apologize to all of my readers for that. I am still breathing that it. So I'll just fill ya in some of the thangs that I have been doing....


-Last Friday, I went to the Taste of Chicago. I was very disappointed to hear that Lauryn Hill(who you will hear about later in this post) wasn't going to perform. Instead LL Cool J and Faith Evans were replacing her. Are you serious? When I got to where my friends were, I heard the crowd cheering. So I started booing, really really loud. My friends knew it was me. The people were shocked but I didn't give a shit. I was focused on what I was eating. It was too hot for a turkey leg so I got a funnel cake. It wasn't like the one that they have at Great America but it was okay.

-Saturday I went to 39th and Cottage Grove for the EBC Rucker Park Tournament. There were four teams playing for a chance to go to NYC to play at MSG in their tournament. The guy that says, "Oh Baby!!!" was there. He was funny. The team that won had about three or four cats that I went to high school with. I saw a few moves, some poster plays, some almost facials, but I had a good time overall. I also ran into a cat I played baseball with in high school. High school seems like a long time ago but....it was...LOL!

-Sunday I went to Washington Park because the cat I mention in the previous paragraph was still playing baseball and he had a game, but the other team forfeited. I talked to him for a while, I watch them have BP and I left. Went back to 39th and Grove for a birthday party. I shot the basketball around for a little bit, then it was time to bring out the chair and relax. Later in the day I was bum-rushed by little kids with water. I didn't take to kind to this, so I chased one down and took his water gun. If they want war, then they will have war!!! It was too many kids for me and they soaked me good as I was trying to go matrix on them and dodge water being thrown at me. It was fun, and I got a lot of exercise in with all that water.


I watched the NBA Draft and some of the BET Awards last night. I pretty much knew that Bogut was going to be drafted first and Marvin Williams second. I didn't know about all those Tar Heels being picked like that. It reminded me of Duke a few years back. The Sox and the Cubs won so that was good. I only watched the BET Awards to see one person. I didn't know that the Fugees were performing. Lauryn Hill sounded like she was been away for a while. Maybe it was good that she didn't come to the Taste. I saw Destiny's Child perform, where they pulled three cats out the crowd to cater to. Nelly, Magic Johnson, and I forgot the other guy name. I wasn't the only one to see the expression on that guy's face when Beyonce was dancing around and on him. He may have came on himself the way he was looking, but enough of that. I saw Alicia Keys as well, looking spectacular as unusual, but she wasn't the one. Toni Braxton, Mariah Carey, Faith Evans, all take a back seat to who I was waiting to see, the women who was accepting the Lifetime Achievement Award. YES!!!! Gladys Knight. I have always loved her. She still looks good to this very day. She also perform, which was good also. After seeing her, it was no more awards for me to watch.


Before this weekend, I have done other things such watch the Pistons lose Game 7, went to multiple kid birthday parties and my cousin's party(same age as me), played in some softball games, went on some interviews(yes still looking for bartending), and still work out occasionally.


Drink of the Day...


For all you candy lovers.... a shot of...


Jelly Bean

1/2 oz. Anisette
1/2 oz. Blackberry Brandy

Served chilled...


-Da Original 1-

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauryn did sound rough last night! But I was still pleased to see The Fugees togetha!

Gladys is and always will be the BEST! And she looks AWESOME!

I forgot that dude's name Beyonce brought on stage too! I got a madd crush on his ass tho! I don't doubt ONE bit that he came all up in his drawas!!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger CC said...

Thanks for stopping by. I am not angry just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger C.R.C. said...

Terrence Howard! That's his name :)

I feel so bad Dee Brown wasn't able to make the draft....but at least he'll be back at Illinois next year *selfish grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home