Thursday, April 14, 2005

Where Have You Been Original 1???

I haven't been on here in a while. I don't know why I haven't written anything because I have had plenty to talk about.


Playing Life....


I went over a friend's house last Saturday, to hang out. I brought a friend with me as well, well...she took me over there. They had stopped at Pizzeria Uno's to get food and they got me "da wings". As I was heating up and eating my wings, my friend wants to play the "Game of Life". I enjoy playing board games from time to time. The previous two times we played Life, I was beaten. I didn't take to that. I don't lose very often. It was four of us, my friend, her sister(congratulations on the newborn once again), the friend I came with, and myself. I guess my other friend, who was watching NBA games is too cool to play Life. Anyway I won!!! I'm Rick James!!! They didn't like for me to win that game, because I talk shit. I get in yo face and call you a loser repeatedly. They did a recount like this was "da election" or something. I won dammit!!! It is what it is!!! It burns them on the inside but they will get over it. Now it's time to build me a winning streak like the Nuggets.


The tragedy to....my phone?


I went with a friend to Hyde Park on Monday. We went into a currency exchange so my friend could pay a cable bill. Then, went across the street to Leaders. People ask me all the time, "Where you get that shirt from?" I always say Leaders. I saw some shoes that I wanted but the size that I wanted only had one left, and they were put on hold for the day. So I said I'll come back tomorrow to get them. I walked out and realize that I didn't have my phone. It wasn't in Leaders nor the currency exchange. I went back to the friends house and it wasn't there. We went back to Hyde Park. They had a Cingular place, so I decide to go there. On the way there, the unusual happened.....My phone....was.....ran over by a truck!!! I say God Damn!!!!! Why??? We only saw one piece of the phone in the street. It must have fallen out when I got out the car the first time I was in Hyde Park. So I still made the trip to Cingular, but to now only get another phone. The lady was very helpful, I came in the store and placed the remaining pieces of my phone on the table. The lady looked at me like I was crazy. So my new phone, the Motorola V551, is what I got, with a new plan.

So you ask, how do I manage to allow my phone to get ran over? I don't know....

What did I do to get over this tragedy? What else.....

I went to Dr. Wax to buy CD's. I bought four CD's and felt good. I also did go back to Leaders to get the shoes I wanted that were on hold. The guy never came to get them. So they were mine! One of the guys said that I could have bought them the first time I was in the store, if I had the money, but I didn't hear him. It doesn't matter. I have them.


The Pain......in my foot?


Between playing basketball and jogging over the weekend, I have endured a sharp pain in my foot that makes it difficult for me to walk. I can feel the crunching in my foot when I move around or try to pop it. I'm hoping that it's a sprain but I know a sprain or bruise when I get one. I also know when it is broken or fractured. I think it may be more serious to where I may need crutches and a cast....Shit!!! Not again... I will see how it feels this weekend. If it still feels the same, I will go to the hospital on Monday. If this is the case, it is a bad time for me to have this, I need to feet to bartend. I am to go to two bars this weekend to give resumes to manager on duty. I may have a job lined up, that's not a bartending job. I may have to go with that until my foot situation is taken care of. I also may be in the process of moving, and that will be challenging as well. As usual, I will find a way!!!


The Outing....on Saturday...


I was informed by the lady that I am helping to get this Class Reunion Outing together that Dave & Busters was closed this Saturday due to a private party. I went up there last month, but didn't reserve anything because I didn't know how many people were attending, so I couldn't too much of anything. I guess between that time and Tuesday when we found out, that someone came with the private party. We were able to get an alternate place. Bar Louie Downtown. She made the reservation for the balcony and then gave me the info. It kinda worked out better to have it @ Louie's. The deposit was $0, but our group has to meet the minimum of $500 Food/Drink Requirement, in which that will be easy. Everybody will be in a room, where in Dave & Busters, people will be scattered all over. We get to talk about the reunion, and what we need to do as a group to get this going. We still will be able to re-acquaint ourselves with old classmates. The place stays open later, whereas @ D&B's, we didn't have a room, and would have been difficult to get everybody together to talk reunion talk. Some people I heard from other people, that they were disappointed of the change. We can't accomadate everyone. This actually worked out better. It is what it is. If they don't want to come, we'll see ya at the next outing. I think we should have a nice turn out for this. It was just that I had to redo the Evite and send it back out to classmates was a little problem. Trying to let everyone know of the change, but we'll see what happens.


Today....


I don't know what I'm doing today. I'm still deciding on if I will attend the Talib Kweli concert or not. It's at the Harold Washington Cultural Center, they have seats( my foot can't take the standing). I have to make a trip back to Kinko's in Hyde Park because I left my floppy there yesterday. I may try to bowl tonight since my pressure is on the other foot. I may get a haircut but I don't know. I need to straighten up a little bit, shit....I need to do a lot of things. I saw my mom yesterday, went to lunch with her and my sister, but I may drop by there tomorrow. Since I'm not working right now, my days are always undecided like this.


Drink of the Day...


Bahama Mama...

1/4 oz. Kahlua
1/4 oz. Dark Rum (Meyers I prefer)
1/2 oz. Light Rum
1/2 oz. Coconut Rum
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz. Sweet & Sour

Garnish: A nice cut Pineapple slice



-Da Original 1-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home