Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It's Tough Being Me.....

A Walk and A Talk....


Currently sitting here listening to "Get it Together," by Beastie Boys featuring Da Tribe. (Yeah what y'all know bout dat there??? Old School!!!) Fresh off the trip from Vegas, I just felt that everything that was troubling me had calmed down and also was perceived to be placed in control by self. Last night, I took a walk down the lake with a friend of mine. I talk to her from time to time. The weather was nice and she stays close. Got to talkin about things. I had to mess with her because she thought that she would be cold, so she took her leather jacket to wear but she kept her flip-flops on. Someone please explain that to me! She's cool though, and she gives me a good laugh. A laugh is something that I could really use now and days. She wants to hang out again later in the week. I told her didn't know but I'll see. Another friend wants me to go to a club with her, knowing that I'm not into clubs like that anymore. Vegas was different. I was out of town. I wanted to see how Vegas get down.


A Scare and some BS?...


I drove to work this morning. The trainer wasn't there. So I had to wait for him. Boo! I get a call from my sister who tells me that our momma is in the hospital. She was having chest pains, felt dizzy, and had trouble breathing. My sister told me not to worry and I can stay at work and she will give me updates. With everything that my momma has done for me. To be my mother and my father. To give when she didn't have. To love unconditionally. To pick me up when I constantly fell. And I am to sit @ work from 9-6 and not worry? My next move was very predictable. I left the job to see about my momma. I mean who wouldn't. I got there through all the traffic. She was laying in the bed, smiling with her boyfriend/fiance by her side. She gave me the breakdown. She didn't want me to worry. I did realize that she is going to be okay and then I felt better. I stayed for a few hours. My sister came later and we went to Applebee's for lunch. Just talking to her and appreciating every moment of life because you never know what will happen. I called the lady at StaffingNow. She said that she tried to get in touch with the University but they didn't reply to her. She did tell me that they terminated my assignment and I am to no longer go out there. She also told me that they may reconsider because they really liked me. If they really liked me then they wouldn't have terminated the assignment. But it's their loss, not mine. I can always get another job, but I only have one momma, and if they didn't understand that then fuck them. God didn't have it the cards for me to work there I guess. The lady said she will try to get me something Downtown. That would be cool if she can. Bartending....HERE I COME!!!!!! I mean that's my next move. I put it on the backburner to see how this job was going to play out and now I know.

I thought about writing some more but I will save it for tomorrow. I'm about to take me a walk on the lake outside.


Drink of the day...

Fuck It!!! Just grab a Heineken!!! It's all about the beer!!!


-Da Original 1-

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Da Original 1 said...

Thanks for the concern. I really,really appreciate it. She is doing okay. She is at home now. I am to go over there today.

As for the bartending I will definitely let ya know when I start because it will be very very soon.

As for the Royal Flush...

1 1/2 oz. Crown Royal
1 oz. Peach Schnapps
1/2 oz. Chambord
1 oz. Cranberry Juice

All strained and pour over ice in a rocks glass with no garnish...

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief! It's been ages since I've talked to you!! Sure does look like you've been through a lot in the recent past. Sorry to read about your mom's health problems, sweetheart. *HUGS* And if you're still lookin' for a gig, I'm about to leave mine, so you can have my soon-to-be old position. *LOL*

I haven't read all of your blog yet (hell, I JUST checked my CC e-mail...I never go there anymore...*LOL*). But, I'm workin' my way from bottom to top. I'll e-mail you soon -- I still owe your ass a beat-down in Scrabble! *LOL*

~A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home