Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Back-to-Back Pool Wins for DO1.....

U-N-C....They Runnin' Dis B-Ball Shit....


I watched the national championship up North last night. The only man going for UNC I sat back in the corner watching the game. How nervous was I? I don't know. UNC was leading the first half, so I should be okay. Well Felton had 2 fouls and I know that UNC is nothing without Felton not on the court. UNC led 40-27 at the half. I knew that the Illini had a run in them. They prove to not have an answer for UNC's Sean May, who murdered them on the inside repeatedly. As expected, the Illini made their run but fell short after tying the game at 70. The Illini in my opinion shot too many threes, 40 in total. You are not going to win like that. They had no inside presence and should have doubled May on several occasions. What do I care? For the second straight season I picked the national champion and again won the pool. It was a good feeling. I know the guys will really be gunnin for me next year. I get to hold the belt, the trophy, for another year. UNC suprisingly played good defense this game. From the other results in my bracket, by the time of the Elite Eight, I knew that the only chance I had to win the pool was for UNC to run the table. Everyone else has Illini, and really gave it to me after the Arizona disaster, but redemption is here. For one of the few things that I look forward to each year, and for it to result in triumph, is a good feeling. The Illini had a dream season, and somewhere inside of me said that if the Illini would have won, I would still be happy, but just out of money. So congratulations to Roy Williams and the North Carolina Tar Heels!!!!!! Carolina Blue is BACK!!!!!


Drink of the Day...


Carolina....

2 oz. Champagne
2 oz. Strega

Strega is poured into chilled wine glass...
Add Champagne...
Stir lightly...


-Da Original 1-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home