Friday, April 15, 2005

Once....Twice....Three Times A Lady....

"That's What They Tell Me....."


I hung out with several friends yesterday. I had one friend come over my apartment before I took my nap. We went outside in the park to talk. She was telling me about her situation and all, well....at least I thought she was going to talk about it. She changed subjects on me like the old ancient times...(Yes, I paid attention in History class)...She started talking about me. My look, my attitude, my persona, everything. I say to myself, where did this come from? Then once I heard those words....you know...."You're such a good catch. I'm suprised that no one has snatched you up by now." I had a grin on my face, even though you people know how I feel about it. I told her not to worry about it, when it's meant to be, it will happen. Well....we started walking and she heard about me and the possible move I might make when my lease is up in May. I told her it's up in the air right now, pending on thigns to fall through for me. Anyway she said that she wanted to hang out with me a little more often. I said okay. I guess, I don't have a problem with it. "You get along with everyone, people cling to you, " she said. "You not like most guys I know, it is truly a woman's loss to not be with you." What is she trying to say here? Then it came out..."I'm not hitting on you, I just need someone to talk to, someone to hang out with, that's all. I kept telling her that it's okay. I will hang out with out. She sounded like she wanted to cry. Walking past the tennis court, she states that she wants to play me in tennis. I told her that she will not win, but it'll be cool to play.


Later on that day, after the nap...


I get a call from another friend. She wants ME to take her to dinner. Now I owe her a birthday dinner. If it wasn't for that, you people know what I would have said. She called me last week talkin' bout, "Yeah J, just callin' to see what's up with ya, callin' to see what WE are doing today, call me back." I said to myself, "What the FUCK is this chick on?" I don't know what SHE or WE is doing, but I know what I'm doing. Anyway, she finally picked out a restaurant. A very low key restaurant in Blue Island...shit I wish it was an island...just a suburb though. So I got ready and picked her up and away we went. I really liked the restaurant. If I go again, I'll buy some wine. We talked and she goes on to say how I am liked by many people, and asked things pertaining to marriage, life, shit like that. I then get to talk about only a few people know how to put up with me and rest just stop trying or don't bother to see what I'm about. I just sipped my beer, Okocim, from Poland it was(I remember the name).


At home, before bowling...


I got online to check a few things before I rolled out to go bowling. I received a call. It was a friend that I haven't talked to in a while. She askes me why I haven't called her. Shit, because you never picked up, or you was always doing something. So I left her alone for a while. She apologized to me for that, said that she is going through some shit. Well, isn't everybody going through shit these days, what else is new? She asked me about what I was doing this weekend. I told her. She said she wouldn't mind seeing me for a little while just to hang out. I told her I'll get back to her on that. She said she thought she me in Hyde Park on Monday. I told her she probably did. Telling me next that she misses my company, that even though I am crazy(Yes she called me crazy) I am fun to hang out with. Pretty interesting I thought. This was the same girl that thought I was trying to "holla" at her, when I just was making conversation. I don't like when women do that. Every man doesn't try to get inside of them, even though they get that impression, but that's for another post. Now she pops up, wanting to hang out. I'll see. For people who are interested, I bowled a 134 and a 166.


Re-United....


Tomorrow is the first outing for our 1997 class. Eight years it has been. Time really does fly. I will see some people for the first time since 1997. I guess it will be interesting to see how some people progressed through the years. Or maybe not. We should have a good show up tomorrow. A lot of people have contacted me and really is looking forward to seeing me. We have committees set up and will see how many people will lend a hand in making 2007 reunion very successful.


Drink of the Day...


Mango Madras....

1 oz. Mango Rum(prefer Parrot Bay)
Fill with 1/2 Cranberry Juice
And with 1/2 Orange Juice

Garnish: Maybe some mango...


-Da Original 1-

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger CC said...

Seems like you are the catch of the day. lol Nice post thanks for stopping by.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. GET REAL!! 2 the chick who "isnt hitting on u". yea that what she says but i bet she wouldnt turn down u hittin on her. Women these days are so damn frustrating. First one to make a comment bout some lame guy, then have the nerve to beat around the bush. GROW THE HELL UP! its ok if u like a guy say what the hell is on your mind.
p.s. they dont call u gigolo 4 nothing!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J, what are WE doing tonight? LOL

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still got it, I see...*LMAO*

"...ran out like a rash..." CLASSIC! *dies laughin'*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home