Monday, February 21, 2005

"Pressure Bust Pipes, Time to Apply!!!!"

I'm currently watchin college basketball. San Diego State vs. Wyoming game. It's the last home game for Jason "Jay" Straight, a Chicago product. From the Robert Taylor Homes to the University of Wyoming, he has come a long way. I have seen him play on courts and in games as well. He plays in a conference that besides "Big Monday" doesn't really get any TV time. It's good to see him finish all four years thought. A lot of Chicago products usually don't finish and leave early or dropout.

It's test time....


I had my first test today in ny bartending class. Now I have been having fun in this class but I know that I am there for a purpose, and that's to learn, learn, and learn. There are 10 people in my class. We were placed in groups of two's. I had to make 5 drinks in 5 minutes. I stood behind the bar with a older lady that was grouped up with me. I raised my arms and waited for my instructor to flip over the card with the 5 drinks. He flips the card over. ***Oh shit*** I was nervous that I might see a drink that I don't know how to make. When I looked, I saw the drinks, "Cherry Cheesecake, Hurricane, Courvoisier, Blow Job, and Orgasm." Said to myself, "I can make these." Also I said " Blow Job and Orgasm?, is he tryin to tell us something?" **LOL** Hey, you never know these days. **LOL** I made the Orgasm first, the second easiest drink to the Cherry Cheesecake. It's a simple shot containing a 1/3 oz. of Kahlua, a 1/3 oz. of Bailey's, and a 1/3 oz. of Amaretto, and it's chilled before it's poured into the shot glass. DONE!! I skipped the Cheesecake because it was the easiest one. Next I made the Courvoisier. I grabbed a brandy snifter glass and poured about somewhere between an ounce and 1 1/2 oz. of Courvoisier into it, then served it. Next was the Blow Job. This is a shot too. Using a 1 oz. shot glass, I poured a 1/2 oz. of Kahlua and 1/2 oz. of Bailey's inside. Then I was to fill the top of the shot glass with whipped cream, place a rocks glass upside down and place the shot glass on top. After that the customer is to drink the shot with his/her hands behind his/her back. A man had betta NOT ask me to make this drink for him. I will slap da SHIT outta him!!! Next was the Hurricane, the most difficult of the five, but I knew it.

1 oz. light Rum
1 oz. dark Rum
1/2 oz. grenadine
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. pineapple juice
topped with 1/2 oz. of 151 Rum
Garnish with cherry or flag
DONE!!!

Last was the Cherry Cheesecake. I was ready to make this shot and then something happened. I blacked out! I could NOT remember how to make this shot. I have read and practiced this shot and I should have had no problem with it but I did. I knew that the ingredients had nothing to do with cherries. I remember that the second part was the cranberry juice, but you are supposed to pour the liquor first, then the juice. I was shocked and then time ran out on me. The instructor knew that I know how to make this shot, but I choked. Each drink is worth 20 points and 70 is passing. So with 20 points off due to me not making the Cherry Cheesecake really hurt. I also forgot to waterback the Courvoisier drink by placing a shot glass upside down next to the drink. So 2 points off from that. Bad news is that I am down to a possible high score of 78 points, 8 points over the required score to pass. The good news is that everything else was right so my score was a 78. The lady next to me scored a 96. ***Shit!! She cheated!!!! LOL...*** Naw she didn't. We were the only two people to pass. The other eight people failed. They have to take it again next Monday, which may delay their graduation. Even though I passed, I am not happy that I scored that 78. Maybe I should have made that shot when I was thinkin about it earlier. I will strive for a 100 for the next test.

I would like to write some more, but my eyes are tired of looking at this screen. I will watch the game and holla back manana. Peace!!!


-Da Original 1-

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thatz good shit yo congratz aye jiggz u right it is always the easiest ones you go blank on thatz why atention to detail is important like u said if u would have done it while it was on your mind u would have knocked it out we tend to consentrate on the more technical and take for granted the simple i slid down a mountain 12 meters for the exact same reason thank god for safty ropes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home