Monday, June 06, 2005

My Theory on Alcohol......

I was at the park yesterday on 39th and Cottage Grove enjoying the 80-something degree weather. Watching a couple of the guys play basketball while I sit back and run my mouth on the phone. A kid came up to me and the conversation went a little something like this:

Kid: Hey man!

DO1: Sup'....

Kid: What are you drinking?

DO1: A Negro Modelo kid...

Kid: What is it?

DO1: It's alcohol kid....Bad for you, good for me!

Kid: If it's bad, then why do you drink it?


Now you are probably wondering what I said to this kid next. Nothing. I thought about it for a second. Why do I drink alcohol? Wanna know what I think? I know people that don't drink and try to make it seem like that drinking is the devil. Yeah and their life is perfect, PALLEEZZZEEE!!!! Give me a break! So if you want to know why I drink alcohol, stay tuned and keep reading.


Why do I drink???


1. I drink because sometimes when I talk to people, they tend to piss me off. I used to have an anger problem. I didn't know how to control at one time. In came alcohol. Now when people piss me off, I just grab a drink. I feel so much better, and become very happy all of a sudden.

2. I drink because it's fun. I will soon be a bartender and that will be fun. People have certain things to do to have fun. I like to try different types of alcohol. From that ole' Jack Daniels to that new Absolut Apeach, alcohol comes from all over the globe. The chances are that I won't taste every alcohol there is BUT.....(you can fill in the rest)...

3. I drink alcohol because it can be the perfect partner to an unsolved mystery. I mean let's face it...What's a party without alcohol? What's a BBQ without alcohol? What's a club/lounge without alcohol? It's what we do. When you hang out, you drink! Coming home from a long day, what you do? You drink! Can you imagine on Super Bowl Sunday, watching the game sippin' on Apple Juice? I can't.

As usual, I will have people read this and not approve of this. I will have some people call me or email me or leave me a comment stating that I am an alcoholic. I will have some that say that you can have fun without drinking alcohol, which is true. These people will not make me cry. They will not hurt my feelings. Cause.....

4. I drink because.....I fuckin' feel like it. I am a grown ass man! This is my life! I do what makes me go. If you don't like it, then that's just too damn bad my friends....So when I watch the Pistons win Game 7 tonight, I will be, you guess it, drinking!


Drink of the Day....

Swimming Pool

3/4 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. light Rum
1/4 oz. Blue Curacao
3/4 oz. cream
1 oz. Pineapple juice
1 oz. Coconut cream

Blend and strain over ice in Collins glass...

Garnish with a flag...


-Da Original 1-

7 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U drink cuz you r an alcoholic

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Simone said...

I never really thought about, but drinking does make the world a better, more pleasant place.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI:U STILL HAVE AN ANGRY PROBLEM!!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Control your damn self, stop depending on alcohol. U drink because you can't control it. You're not man enuff to just stop, so it seems betta to make lame ass excuse as to y u do it.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Da Original 1 said...

You anonymous people are very funny, very hilarious indeed. This is what makes the blog fun for me, the constant criticism for the posts that I do. I just love it. I always wonder if the anonymous people will ever reveal themselves. The name calling,criticism,all the heat that I take from you guys doesn't really say too much since you are hiding behind the "anonymous". So REVEAL YOURSELF!!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an alcoholic,you do have an angry problem and one more thing you write this blogs because you want attention from us.

Get a life- No one cares!!!!!!!!!!

p.s
U KNOW ME TOO!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Da Original 1 said...

You tell me to get a life but yet you read my blog, so what does that say about you??? Who needs to get a life I ask??? I don't need attention from you and so what if I know you. I think that you are very fond of me and just afraid to be a woman and come out with how you really feel,instead it makes you feel better to criticize me to hide what you feel on the inside...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home