Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Un-Expected Post on a Sunday....

Here it is......


This CD I have been trying to get is finally in my rotation. As expected I wasn't disappointed. These smooth, soulful sounds from "The Vault" reminds me of many smooth artist such as Bilal, Musiq, Glenn Lewis, etc. This is a rare CD in which each song is bangin. You can listen to the whole CD all the way through instead of skipping songs. A lot of people are familiar with my selection of music. Some agree, and of course, many don't. A lot of friends do not expand their minds and their horizons as far as music is concern. Some are narrow minded and somewhat hypnotize by it to some degree. I don't have anything against it but I took my blinders off a long time ago. Back to the CD, from songs like, "Couldn't Hear Me" to "Past Paradise" and "Rock With You", you can't help but to appreciate the authentic soul that is being released out this album. Nice CD to sit back and chill with your special one, OOHHH!!! I don't have a special one!!! OOPS!!! LOL!!!


Marbles All in One Basket?.....


Should you put all your marbles in one basket here is the question I am asking. I somewhat have that problem sometimes. Like putting all your marbles in one job, or placing them in one decision like an apartments or a book or a CD. Also interesting, do you put all your marbles in one person, that special one that you desire. You go through life wanting people and it doesn't work out for you. The person that you want, you cannot be with that person, for maybe a certain reason. You try to do everything in your power to show this person that you want to be with them, or that you can make the commitment, but it doesn't matter because it is a two way street. They leave themselves open in reasons to not hurt you, but you may feel hurt that you can't be with that person. Then this person finds someone else and you are now feeling like shit. This could happen and then your friendship can be in jeopardy. Now sometimes I feel that I might overreact to certain issues that I shouldn't have to be, but that's life. I am not talking about anyone in general here. This is just how things have always gone for me. I always hear people say, "Hey, don't worry. It's her lost!" Now this is true! I haven't had a chance to show a woman what I can do in a relationship. I have given samples of what I can do for some women (most recently for someone's birthday) but I feel that's all women need to see. I don't need to put all the marbles out there. I told myself to save some marbles for when a woman really wants to be serious with me, then I will be able to show that special woman what it means to enjoy life, what it means to be happy, to have someone by their side through thick and thin. So I'll keep my marbles tied away in my Crown Royal bag, LOL!!!!


Da Weekend!!!....


Friday I was excited to hear that my income tax refund was here. "I'm rich!! Bitch!!! LOL!!!" Went to go take care of a couple of bills. Went to my friend's job afterwards. I was just messing around with him and his co-workers. Just killing time I guess. One of his co-workers, that I had noticed a long time ago was starting to notice me. I didn't really think too much of it. She found out through the group conversation of how versatile I am. She's very pretty but very married. I have dealt with women in the past that were married so I already know the steelo. Back then I wanted to deal with married women to see if I can get them. I usually succeeded. I have changed since then or have I? I went up North to Dr.Wax and a lounge called Ollie to see a friend. On the way there I called my dear friend who was in the car accident to check up on her. She seemed to be in a better mood than Wednesday. Conversation was short, as expected, but she was okay, which is the most important thing. After hanging out at Ollie's I went South to my guy's house to play pool in his garage. Had a good time, talked about Vegas, watched the Bulls win in Seattle, lost in pool, but had fun doing it. Saturday, went to Moo & Oink to get the stuff for the baby shower. I was to BBQ there. The grills were cooking slow but brothas work it out. Everyone loved the food which was good. I was basically there the whole day. After the shower I did get my Heineken and played the Game of Life. My guy was celebrating his B-day @ Whirlyball, so I went like I was to Whirlyball. I didn't know that they now have Laser Tag there. We played Laser Tag first. $5 for 6 minutes, that was a round. They were cool enough to let us play three rounds. The team I was one, won all three rounds. Then we played Whirlyball, it was on. I don't remember scoring, but if they kept stats, I had so many assists. I have always been a good passer in Whirlyball. I was cornered by three yellow carts. With them swinging @ me like they was on steroids, I found someone on our end wide open. I threw it behind my back from the corner ALL THE WAY DOWN to where my teammate was sitting patiently by our goal. It was a perfect pass. He scored! Through all the physical contact and punishment you take, it's always good to get in a good game of Whirlyball...


Drink of the Day....


Blue Hawaiian....

1 oz. Light Rum
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
1 1/2 oz. Coconut Cream
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
Blend & Strain
Garnish: Cherry & Flag(orange or lemon slice)


-Da Original 1-

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like a nigga. Get a little money and forget about the people that held u down when u was broke. Get a little money and forget to drink ur daily dose of act right but its cool. U'll be back....u'll need something again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home