Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Celebration Now Come' On.....

Put Me Behind The Bar Bitches!!!!!


I did it!!!! It's a CELEBRATION BITCHES!!!! I am officially a bartender. I went into the school last night with all the confidence. I wasn't nervous at all. I walked in, hung up my coat, got set up and went over some basics with my pouring. One guy asked was I going to practice some drinks. I told him I need to go over my basics. Easy 1 oz. pours, 2 oz. pours into rocks glass and then into the shot glass. I realized that my time was near. I was thinking to myself, "Is making 15 drinks in 10 minutes possible?" I guess it depends on the drinks that you are given. My class was three strong still out of the ten that started in the first place. A few first weekers gave me a little encouragement as it was time to get down. I went also with this lady that scored a 96 her first week and a 94 the second week. Pretty good compared to my 78 and 86 for my two. The instructor instructed us to take our places behind the bar. He laid three cards face down on the bar. He did his little talkin while I raised my arms above my head and held them there until he said go. Then we were off! I don't remember the order of the drinks, but I had to make Irish Coffee, Cherry Cheesecake, Blow Job, Hurricane, Brandy Alexander, Amaretto Stone Sour, Apple Martini, Godfather, and some others. I caught a rhythm as I making the drinks. What I did was while I was making the first drink, I took a glance at the next drink I had to make, I had the second drink prepared already in my head. So when I finished the first drink, I went right into the second drink with no hesitation. I did 15 drinks in about 8 1/2 minutes. I said,"Damn!" I just took a deep breath as it was all over. I wasn't nervous. He looked over my drinks said that I overpoured a few martinis, but hey the customers won't complain. That's why I went over the pouring basics so I didn't overpour all the drinks. He gave a 92. The whole class clapped for me. They came over and gave me high-fives like were family. For those three weeks, it seem like anyone in the class that I knew was family. They didn't want to see me go. After all this excitement, I still had to take the written exam. Damn!!!! I got a 84 on that. If I would have taken my time with the written, I may have scored higher, but hey who cares! I knew the shit and I have graduated from the school. I received my certificates and smile came across my face. I felt good going down the flight of stairs to the car. The good thing is that I can come back at any time and get some practice or sit in on a lecture, as it is good for life. I start my job placement this week. So I need to get a feel on what kind of establishment I want to work in. Just to get in and get some experience may just be good to start. The three weeks flew by but I gained a lot and now I have a skill that I can back up with certification. I'll drink to that!!!!!!


-Da Original 1-

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good shit joe! when i come to town this summer drinks on u yo

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Da Original 1 said...

Thanx!!! Yeah it only was a three week program. So since I was in between jobs, I jumped right on it, so it wouldn't interfere with anything. You learn a lot in three weeks.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good shit "B" I knew you would breeze through the course. Maybe in the future we'll be co-owners of our own establishment(s) serving (and drinking of course) Yager-Bombs & Heineken!

Peace
Reignman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home