Thursday, March 03, 2005

How Many Drinks Are There?....

I mean come on here, people just sit at home or @ the bar and come with all types of drinks. Awww....I'm just kidding. I am having so much fun. We have some new people come in this week and they were as nervous as I was in my first days there. I have gotten comfortable there and is able to help them out with things that I have learned while I am still learning myself. They see that if I can do it then they can do it. With the index cards and the time to practice, you can't help but to get better. I have gotten more confident about the big test on Monday. I will have to leave it all out on the bar that day Fa Sho!!! Yesterday we did short sours like Barcardi Cocktail, Daiquiris, Margaritas, those types. Rimming the glass with salt...oooohh you can taste it! We also did long sours like Tom Collins,Mother Pucker, Hop Skip & Go Naked. Then we did iced teas and lemonades. Long Island Iced Tea, Sky Blue Electric Lemonade or called a Blue Mo Fo, because that's a blue mutha f.....SHUT YO MOUTH!!!! One of the students there drilled me. We had a 10 minute break, and I always get practice in instead of breakin' because you know when black people break.......WE BREAK!!! You have to go lookin' for our ass!! LOL!!!! She came up to the bar like she was a customer and ordered a drink. I made it with no problem. We did this several times and I was on point every time. I told her to do that the next day as well. That helps with your customer service skills. Talkin to the customer while you're making their drink. It's doesn't get any better than that people. I brought a CD there yesterday for the instruction to play. We are able to bring CD's to play if they are clean. After hearing Linkin Park and No Doubt, it was my turn. I brought "Discern/Define" by The Poets of Rhythm. The instructor liked it so much we wants me to bring it today. It's like jazz and funk, it's a band from Germany....."Smile while you're cryin..." I know the words NOW!!!! LOL!!! It's very smooth. I want to buy Eric Roberson CD next....please do NOT sleep on this CD. It's the sheeeittttnit!!!! This girl in the class that has a crush on me told me that she will visit my bar when I get behind one. Hey, as long as she tips me!! LOL!!! I don't see the problem here! She said I dress like a bartender. Well I don't know how a bartender is to dress but I just rolled with it. I can't wait. I will learn how to make as many drinks as I can as possible. One day, maybe soon, I will make my own bar @ home. It's good to have ideas of things you want to pursue, but it feels better when you accomplish them....


-Da Original 1-

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Liza Valentino said...

I wanna be a bartender!!

But I think that may just be because I wanna wear lowcut shirts, flirt with men and be in a club atmosphere on weekends...HMMM...I wonder...

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man dude I am happy and all for you with the whole bartending thing but shit is starting to get a little old. You live a boring ass life. You never have nothing juicy on here. Man you are lame. Every time I come to your blog you talking about the same ol' shit. I ain't reading yo shit no more cause yo shit be redundant. Get a life kid seriously.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man dude I am happy and all for you with the whole bartending thing but shit is starting to get a little old. You live a boring ass life. You never have nothing juicy on here. Man you are lame. Every time I come to your blog you talking about the same ol' shit. I ain't reading yo shit no more cause yo shit be redundant. Get a life kid seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home