Monday, March 07, 2005

BIG MONDAY!!!!

*You can't win them all!*


Yesterday I watched as the number #1 team in the nation, Illinois Fightin' Illini was defeated by Ohio State 65-64. The Illini, who had lead throughout the whole game, buckled down the stretch and took the lost. This would have been good for Ohio State in terms of getting into the Big Dance but they are ineligible this year to participate. It was good that the Illini lost now because they don't have to worry about hearing dat pressure of an undefeated season. I believe that they are still a lock for St. Louis anyway. #2 North Carolina overcame a 73-64 deficit in the last minutes to defeat #6 Duke 75-73. With the selection less than a week away, this year's tourney should be tight. A lot of teams are in it for a shot at the national championship. Most importantly, we get to do our annual pool on the tournament. I am the defending champion with getting three of the Final Four participants right from last year and also getting the champion right as well. It will not be easy to repeat. Last year, I knew that Connecticut was the best team. You can't win them all but I would like to win this pool again.


It's HERE, It's HERE......


Judgment day is here! My final exam for the bartending class is tonight @ 6pm. I have to make 15 drinks in 10 minutes and also complete a written exam as well. I would like to thank all the people who have read my blog or who have supported me up to this point. I really appreciate the encouragement. As I drowned the blog with bartending info almost daily, (even got someone who called me lame, and stated that I have a boring life, go figure) the feedback was well appreciated. I feel pretty confident today. The first week I was so nervous and hesitant, but now I feel I have the world on my shoulders after three weeks of classes. I went in on Saturday to get some extra practice. On the Saturday sessions, you go from 9-5 for like six weeks and graduate on the 7th week. You don't really get a chance to practice pouring every day. I looked so sharp versus the others there. But tonight I have to put it all together and lay it all out. My speed improves with the knowledge of my drinks, so I should be alright tonight. I will have a personal celebration bitches tonight if I do manage to take care of my business in which I plan to. It has been fun there, kinda wish I could go a few more weeks but things must come to and end!


Reminisce....


I would like to take some space here to wish a very good dear friend of mine a speedy recovery. She was just recently in a car accident Saturday night. It shook me up even though I wasn't there. I was so worried and so ready for an emergency road trip to her. But I got confirmation for her that she was going to be alright, in which I was able to sleep okay knowing that. It made me think about the car accident I was in. Where you see your life flash before your eyes, riding in the ambulance wonderin if you are going to make it, laying uncomfortably in the flat hospital bed. You look for some kind of sign, some kind of guidance to reach for that indication that everything is everything. It certainly changed my whole perspective of life. Don't take things or people for granted. You appreciate all the people who you are close to you, you cling on as you were awarded a second chance in life. You never know when it will be your time. I certainly wasn't ready to go. Issues involving relationships, marriages, career, family, etc you all of a sudden want to have them in your life before your time is up. Only the people who have gone through this can relate to what I'm trying to say here. So I thank God for that and also thanked him for looking over my dear friend that Saturday night. I wouldn't have known what I would have done if it was more serious than what it was.


-Da Original 1-

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you have finally come to the end of ur road wit the whole bartending thing good luck on the test tonite, make sure you hit me up for the CELEBRATION! So i take it we should finally get the taste test on that exclusive "what the fuck" i want the first glass.... on another note I "KNOW" first hand the stress and problems a car accident can cause, I just wanna say count your blessings and don't drink and drive.....SMOKE AND FLY! naw but seriously be safe.. and thats to errybody! CONGRATS IN ADVANCE JIGGZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home