Tuesday, January 11, 2005

He Should Have "MOONED" Society....

I believe my last post was Sunday morning. Sunday was pretty much laid back, nothing spectacular happened. Oh wait! The Vikings beat the Packers on Lambeau Field. I called it too. What I didn't call was Randy Moss faking a "moon shine" to the Packers crowd after scoring his second touchdown of the game. People are making a BIG deal out of this. I don't know why, or maybe I do know why. He is targeted by many people. They always find something negative about Moss. I watched a Vikings' game earlier in the season. The first game that Moss came back from his hamstring injury(ouch!!). Moss caught a touchdown pass in the end zone. After he got up, he ran over to a handicapped person(looked like he was paralyzed) and Moss gave the guy the ball. Another time he scored, he gave a kid who had a Moss jersey on the ball. No one talks about that. Instead they bring up all the negativity in the character to Moss. This society is really, really sad. There may be some things that I don't agree with when it comes to Randy Moss but why target him. He scored twice on Sunday, helpin the Vikes, who were counted out by everybody(except for me!) win. It's also really sad that one of my favorite shows,"NFL Primetime," was very reluctant to show Moss's celebration. I was very angered by this. How could this station(ESPN), which I watch DAILY, not show this, but they can show Jake Plummer, quarterback for the Denver Broncos, shows the crowd that he's number one with the finger in the middle of his hand, OR they can show a series called Playmakers, where they have selfish, money-hungry athletes, who are doing drugs, going to strip clubs, fighting, showin after-sex scenes, but they can't show Moss's fake-moon to the crowd. I understand if he REALLY did take his pants down and REALLY mooned the crowd, but he didn't. Now they are about to show another series on ESPN, called "Tilt". I saw the preview of it the other day. I don't want to talk about that but it reminds me of "Playmakers." Why couldn't they just talked about the Vikings' victory? They couldn't. People love DRAMA. People love CONTROVERSY. These sports shows are beginning to become more like your 10 o'clock news. As you can see sports does have disadvantages as well. Illegal use of drugs, court cases, suspensions, fights, just to name a few. What ya think???...


-Da Original 1-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home