Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Computer Love...or Addict...

One Like No Other...


It has been known for a while. Maybe since about let's say...'97 or maybe '98. It was something that came upon me and swept me off my feet and I didn't even know it. It took comments from others to make me realize what was going on. I didn't want to believe only because I felt that it wasn't true. As the years past, '01,'02,'03, I think it started to sink in. I knew that there would come a time when I could no longer fight it. I would eventually fall for it. I was in denial, and wanted to continue likewise. Now that '06 is approaching, the feeling is spreading and maybe, hey, it's okay DO1. It's okay that you have a love, a passion for someone. It happens to the best of us. This feeling I can hold no longer on the inside. So here it is! I am in love. Yes!! I am in love. I am in love with the computer. Although I have come out of the closet with this, the question still remains: Is it love that I have for the computer, or is it just simply an addiction?


An Addict in the Making...


Let's break this down. When you wake up in the morning, what is the VERY first thing that you do? Some people go to the bathroom, maybe to take care of some business or brush their teeth. Some may make up their bed, or others may walk outside to get the newspaper. Some may turn on the TV if it hasn't been on all night. Do you think that I do any of these things first? Fuck no. You know what I do. When I roll over to wake up, I make my way to the computer and turn it on. That's life for me now. After that, I do the other things. This is something that I cannot explain, it just happens.

Whenever someone calls me, and they said, "Whazzup? What ya doing'?" What am I doing? I usually say, "I'm on the computer." or "I'm working on the computer." It seems weird, but that IS what I'm usually doing, unless I'm out the house. One person wanted to know is there anything else I do? Another advised me that is why I am single. Others have said, "What else is new?" I just think that these comments are just funny. It's funny because I do more than just be on the computer, but you couldn't tell. I mean I can see it now: Getting into an argument with my girlfriend(when I get one), she just goin' off on me. She jealous of me and everything. Then it comes out: "Listen here mother fucka, it's either me or that stupid ass computer!!!" What decision will I make? The obvious one. I'm sorry but the woman has got to go! If she doesn't understand, then she needs to hit the bricks!

I was conversating with a sista a couple days back. She admitted to me her addiction of the computer back in the day. She also said that the right girl will understand your addiction to the computer and accept it. Good point. I feel that I can separate the two, but most people beg to differ. I have many reasons to why I am this way. I would be forever explaining my reasons. Besides the numerous amounts of information that you can obtain from the computer, it will also play a MAJOR part in my plan to become successful. You know I have heard it, stop messin around on the computer and go to school. You go to school! I am on to something, and the computer has become very close to me. Some people say that I take care of the computer better than I take care of myself. I care not to believe that.

With the help of Internet, the computer has enabled me to see things that I couldn't see with my eyes. I have been able to expand my knowledge on things that I knew a lot of, and educate myself on things I didn't know existed. One friend has helped me to realize my potential with the computer, he knows who he is, and I thank him for that.

One of my million goals is to be making 100,000 by this time next year. Do you think I will accomplish this goal by working a 9-5 job? Don't think so. The computer will help me reach that goal. Along with that, it will help me reach other goals too. People are now seeing how serious I am about this, but still want know how will the computer help me? Remember, information age, not industrial age.

Since now that every other sentence out of my mouth is pertaining to the computer, I have gain more love for the computer. I'm not going to say that I was using the computer for the wrong reasons before, but I know now how I can benefit from it. So therefore I love it, so what. I don't care what you all say. If you think you can replace the computer, feel free to step up and try. I will let you know that you will have a challenge on your hands.

So am I just addicted or is it love? Does it matter? It is what it is...LOL!


Da Sports Column...


I have talked about it but congratulations to the Chicago Bears for showing the world that you guys are for real by beating a Super Bowl team in Carolina. With allowing only 3 points, gathering 1,000 sacks on Delhomme, and two picks, the Bears' defense can say that they are number 1. Don't celebrate too long, we have Tampa Bay(7-3) next up.

I watched some college basketball last night. I watch #12 Michigan State and #9 Gonzaga. With Maurice Ager and Adam Morrison putting up 36pts and 43pts respectively, it was a war with the Zags pulling it off in OT. I also saw #2 Texas come back to beat #17 Iowa, and my favorite basketball team, #8 Arizona lose to #3 Connecticut. My team looks okay, but has some work to do.

In NBA news, the Bulls do not play until Friday so we will talk about Bron-Bron and the Cavaliers. Beating Boston, and scoring 36 pts, and an 8 game win streak, Bron-Bron is MVP, well for now he is. Melo is coming around and is showing his potential. Winning 108-105 last night at Washington, he scored 28 pts and grabbed 11 boards. I have told people that he will explode this year. Losing 20 pounds has already paid off.


Drink of the Day...

Golden Cadillac...

1/2 oz. Galliano
1/2 oz. White Creme de Cacao
2 oz. Cream

Chill glass with ice...
Fill 1/4 of blender with ice...
Add liqueurs, then cream...
Blend, remove ice from glass...
Strain into glass...


-Da Original 1-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home