Thursday, November 17, 2005

'06 And Then Some...

360...


I started to retire for the night, but I wanted to write some more. Had some things on my mind. No more stolen posts for now. LOL! 2005 is almost in the books. 2006 is near. I came into 2005 with a vision and many goals. Some I accomplished, some I didn't. Some will take more than one year, but that's okay. My persona can deal with that. As usual when the New Year comes around I will set more goals and try to climb more mountains. So I should deal with that when the New Year comes, or maybe not?

Why do people need a New Year to come around to set goals? I never understood that. Like if I was in a relationship, it wouldn't take a day like Valentine's Day or her birthday to say, "Oh, it's ________ Day! I have to buy her something." Shit, if I'm thinking about her on March 20 or on July 27, then I will buy her something to show her that I'm thinking about her. That's just me! I don't need a new year to say hey I have to make some resolutions or feel forced to buy something because of some holiday. Flowers to her job doesn't required a certain day. Candlelight dinners don't need one, picnics in the park don't either, so why should goals and resolutions have one? But again, that's just me...

For those who take the time to read my blog (and I sincerely thank you for it, you could be doing something else), you will know that on October 1, 2005, I revealed my plan. For those who don't know, it was to become a millionaire in five years. I honesty believe that it will happen before that but you have to set a goal. It was not to become financially free, that will be a future goal. It took for me to hit rock bottom to see my potential that I wasn't applying to my daily life. I know it's been only a month and a half since the settings of my plan, but I really felt deep down that some people didn't believe me. Not that I care, because I don't, but...I had to prove to myself several things within me that I could do it. Some people do see how serious I am and want to know my plans to reaching my goal. Some will sit back and see how I will do. You know who you are! To see if I fail and then say I'm glad I didn't do that with him, but when I DO succeed, they will ask themselves why they didn't take the journey with me? As I said before, people are afraid to take risk.. Why retire at 55 when you can retire at 35? Just askin'...

So when the New Year comes around, I will tell people of my resolutions, but they won't start on January 2, because they will be already in effect...


Bottom to the Top...


I mentioned earlier about rock bottom. I didn't really hit rock bottom, but shit I got real close. Physically, mentally, and spiritually I took drastic hits. I am now glad that it did happen. I am in transition now to get where I want to be. I can go nowhere but up. I'm changing! I didn't really see that, but I am changing before my eyes. I am doing things that I rarely did. I am seeing things that I didn't see before. Some I can explain, some I can't. I'm not working now, which has its advantages and it disadvantages. If my next job is fairly decent in pay, YES I said job!!! I'm not looking for a career, or a profession. They got school for that shit. Like I was saying, If my next job is fairly decent in pay, I can put myself into position to replace it with my PC and not work again. That would be very special. To not work for Corp. U.S.A., would make me cry.

Hitting the bottom made me realize that you can hit the bottom. It's possible, but you don't have to stay there. I will not. I will rise to the top. If I have to leave people behind, I will. I'm not selfish, far from it, but some people are not where I am at, mentally that is. It make have taken me to hit the age of 26 (27 on Jan 5th) to see this, but better late than never. I guess by hitting the bottom and now rising, things have and will continue to be different for me. With family and friends, or when I meet women, if they don't share the same vision that I have, it will be very hard for me to relate to them. I need people in my corner or fighting with me, not sitting in the crowd betting against me. My bottom could have been worse, but I'm glad that it wasn't.


Take Charge...


I'm not a motivational speaker.( I'm coming close though,LOL!) People need to take charge of their lives. Stop hating. Stop blaming people for everything. I was driving in the go-kart over the weekend, the Neon. I came to a stop at State St. going eastbound on 87th St. There were people outside with a petition to impeach Bush. When the lady came to my window, she said to sign up to impeach Bush. I asked why should I sign. She replied, "Look at Social Security, look at Medicare!! Need I say more!" I advised her that if that is her reason for being on the street doing this then she needs to look in the mirror. She didn't take that too well. The light turned green, told her to have a nice day and drove off.

I see now that I have to take charge, get aggressive and punch the wall. I have to go to war not looking to lose. Take charge of your daily life. Take charge of your mind. Don't see yourself comparing yourself to other people. You are in charge of you! Enough said...


Da Sports Column...


Well, I saw Kobe torch the Knicks. Well who was going to guard him? Marbury? Crawford? Richardson? Please, I think not. The Bobcats beat the Pacers by 33 points. I guess anything is possible if that could happen.

Some quick hits:

Will the White Sox re-sign Konerko?

Will Hopkins get his belt back from Taylor on Dec 3rd?

Will the Colts go undefeated?

To close, NCAA Basketball is back!!! Let's get the madness started!!!


Drink of the Day...

French 75...

1 oz. Gin...
2 oz. Sweet & Sour...

Shake and strain into tall iced glass...

Then fill with champagne....

A cherry if desired...

-Da Original 1-

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Speedy aka Security said...

Sup Loni Poo Poo? That cracks me up, there's nothing like nicknames that take you back! I still say you should tell me who in the heck your crush(es) is on since I can keep a secret but oh well, I'll just assume it's on.... sorry, can't tell you. Good luck with your goals. I need to make some more, although I am supposed to be in school tonight and I'm not going. Perhaps I should work on the most important ones and let what should happen, just happen. Work on that computer man! We can't have all of us down at one time. Peace. See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home