Sunday, January 29, 2006

Always Something New...

New CD in rotation...

A few days back at the job, a co-worker handed me a CD to listen to. I have never heard of this group called PortisHead. I popped the CD in, and the CD was so smooth and so sensual and YES, so sexy! The rhythm had me in going in circles. A very relaxing and passionate CD. It reminds me of the Soul Quality Quartet CD I have. It is very similar, with a band that is accompanied by female vocals. The album is titled "Dummy", it came out in October 1994. They have some other albums as well. I can't believe that I have never heard of this group. I find my taste in music very universal, but sometimes it happens. I just look at it this way: It took me a little over 11 years to listen to this CD but better late than never...


Unusual...

Not that I am complaining but January has been exceptionally WARM. I don't ever remember January having this many days above normal. I wouldn't complain, but this is how you get sick. With the weather changing like this: warm to cold and back to warm, rain to snow and back to rain, catching the flu is more likely. This is also pneumonia weather as well. So I hope people don't get too comfortable and be wearin' shorts because some people will pull it.

I talked earlier about changing my hair color. I was just bullshittin' but the thought comes and goes like that. Always want to try something new, you have to respect me for that. I know of two tattoos that I want now. I'll get the pictures of both and post them soon.


To all with the PHD's in Advisology....

I thank you all for the advise in reference to the woman that I can get out my mind. The comments, the emails, the phone calls, I thank you all. My status, however, will remain the same, but thanks. I didn't know that many people cared...


Da Sports Column...

I watched most the Bulls game last night. Yeah they blew out the Hawks 111-99. Besides Joe Johnson's 40 points, not much from Atlanta. Today I will watch Suns @ Cavs, Heat @ Rockets and Lakers @ Pistons (ala...Kobe @ Pistons). Steve Nash on National TV, priceless! Keep an eye on Boris Diaw, mad game!

The Super Bowl is next week. Seattle and Pittsburgh going toe to toe for football greatest prize. Around this time of the year, it's just not the game that is exciting. Others may host a party, which I will be attending but don't know which one. Some have money on the game, either football pools or playing the spread. I'll will you a breakdown of the game sometime this week and my prediction, although most people already know who I am going for.

March Madness is around the corner. Unlike last season, this year the field is wide open. We all knew last year it was either Illinois or North Carolina. A little different now. I have won the tournament pool two years in a row, so I will be looking for the three-peat. So the guys betta come with it this year, cuz they know about my madness.


Drink of the Day...

French Martini...

2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Chambord
1/2 oz. Pineapple

Shake and strain...

Garnish with a cherry...


-Da Original 1-

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Khandi said...

Yeah, once I discovered Portishead's Dummy back in 2000, it was in heavy rotation all year. Good stuff.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Shasta MacNasty said...

I'd heard the name Portishead, but I still have no idea what kind of music they make. Your review left quite an impression...maybe I should check'em out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home