Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bear Down...

"Bear Down, Chicago Bears!"

Sunday was the big day. I was awaken at about eight something. Even though I only got about three hours sleep, it was time to get up. I took a look at the weather for that day. Man, shit, it was going to be cold. I wasn't scared, not at all. It was to be 8 degrees at game time. ArGhhhhh!!!! I was picked up and was off to our meeting point at Cook County Hospital. I knew most of the people who were going from last year or from the White sox games we watched in the suites. The day started off kinda rough for me because I had this rough headache and it was bangin. After tasting some homemade chili, shit that headache was GONE! It was so good. We made a few more runs at got to Soldier Field at about 1pm.

We were setup in our RV, and let me tell ya, that RV was awesome! I felt like a celebrity in that boy. The guys in the RV in front of us was cool. They had their homemade fireplace outside. They cut a barrel in half, threw logs in there, and got a nice fire going. They had their little bar setup outside. You know my eyes got big! They were grilling a "Turducken", which is a turkey stuffed with duck, and the duck is stuffed with chicken. It took about 4 hours to cook. Meanwhile on our end, we got to deep fry the turkey. Eating a turkey that has been just deep-fryed is better than a LOT of things in life. We had this huge salad, lasagna, chicken legs, fish, tons of alcohol, and some other shit I can't think of right now. The hawk was kind enough to join us for this occasion. Tailgating is so much fun. People really don't know what they be missin'. Watchin the games, throwing the pigskin around in 8 degree weather, drinkin, what else is better than that? Don't answer that!

We headed over to the stadium at about 6:30. People were worrying about me freezing. Let me tell y'all something. I was warm the WHOLE day! I had so much on, I was hot before anything. so I wasn't worried. We got into Soldier Field, got to our seats. The game was also televised on ESPN. "Primetime Baby!" I was so loud it was crazy. I had our section goin'. Every time the Falcons had the ball on third down, I politely screamed, "Get y'all asses up!!!" The Bears defense was rock hard. Vick couldn't get off at all. Everywhere he ran, he was met by a Bear. Then the unexpected happened. As the third quarter started, who do we see? Rex Grossman. When he came in, you could really feel the electricity in the stadium. It was the same electricity at Scottie Pippen's jersey retiring. A long needed, much needed change at QB was finally done. The offense looked so much better. I know that it's only one game Grossman was in, but the Super Bowl is now reachable for the Bears. The Bears of course won 16-3 to go to 10-4 on the season. I told a certain someone that they would win, and she was scared to bet me. LOL!

We left the stadium singing. If you know the words, then sing along....


"Bear Down, Chicago Bears,

Make every play, clear the way to victory!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears,

Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation,

With your T-formation

Bear Down, Chicago Bears,

And let them know why you're wearing the crown!

You're the pride and joy of Illinois,

Chicago Bears, Bear Down!!!"


-Da Original 1-

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Speedy aka Security said...

Wow.. you are brave son!! I'm not steppin' out into ANY cold unless I'm wrapped up with a cutie to keep me warm (since alcohol seems to do horrible things to me)! I am glad that you enjoyed yourself though. Have a happy holidays just in case I don't get to see you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home