Monday, April 17, 2006

Now....Hangin' Around...

The Workout...

I did my workout today after work. The co-worker that works out with me didn't participate today, so I was solo. Not a problem. I am now so much motivated that I can workout by myself. I did my stretches and then on to the bike for a 15 minute ride. I worked on upper body and also the abs. I started the workout almost a month and a half ago. I weighed in at 187 lbs. Now I am at 202 lbs. I have gotten a little solid but I have a long way to go. I wanted to get around 215 lbs or 220 lbs. Most people have said that I'm okay at 200 lbs. I am starting to believe that I could be, buy my goal is to be toned and in shape. I want to get my abs in order. I have gather much information on what I need to do. Not easy at all. So I can gain more weight and tone up, or just tone up now. What should I do???

Put Out The Fire...

I was back and forth about my decision to go for the fire department. I decided at the last minute to apply. People were telling me that I should go out for it. So what if everyone and their momma is applying... This kinda brings back when I went out for the police department. I didn't want to be an officer, but I passed the written test, then I passed the physical test. I then realized that I wasn't doing this for myself, but for others. That was wrong. The temptation was running through me. I stopped myself. No CPD for me!! People were disappointed but I wasn't. Now with the fire department, the pay is good, and the schedule is good. So we'll see what happens.

Driving? Not Yet...

Since I found out that the insurance company considered my vehicle a total loss, I have realized that I can get a new car. I know a friend I used to work with that gets cars from auctions. He has a 2000 Jetta that I heard about. At first, my sister was going to get this car. She then changed her mind. So I said okay, I'll get the Jetta. Then the expected happened. My sister changed her mind AGAIN! She now wants the Jetta. Make up your mind!!! Guess I won't get the Jetta, but he has other cars and also said that I can let him know what I want and he will try to get it...

Baseball in Da Chi...

With the Sox and Cubs off to good starts......ummm, wait a minute...... Let's try this again.... With the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPION SOX and Cubs off to good starts, Chicago will have another way to enjoy this summer of '06. With both teams making changes, they look to make both sides(North & South) of Chicago proud. The Champs were 1-4, but have won seven of their last eight to climb to 8-5. The Cubs sit at 7-4 and are leading the Dodgers 4-1 in the top of the sixth as we speak. If the Cubs can stay healthy, which we ALL know is a challenge within itself, they will contend for the wide open NL Central. I expect the Sox back in the playoffs, but it would be nice to have both teams playing in October.

Hey Mikey......We Back!!!


Da Bulls are back in the playoffs. Yes somehow this team got hot at the right time and they have earned it. Last year they started 0-9 and ended up 47-35. This year, they just rode the Central gutter, but when every team in the division makes the playoffs, you really can't complain. They could move up in the seeding, but who cares? They will have draft picks, they are way under the salary cap, so they got dat dough! Chicago teams are making noise again!! Now if we can just get those Blackhawks going.....

Drink of Da Day...

(And it a goooood one...)

Hand Grenade...(Naw' leans baby!!!)

1 1/2 oz. Gin
1 1/2 oz. Grain alcohol
1 1/2 oz. Melon Liqueur

1 1/2 oz. Rum

1 1/2 oz. Vodka



Stir ingredients together in a Collins glass that's filled with ice.... You can add water and sugar if you like.... One of the best drinks ever!!!


-Da Original 1-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home