Thursday, April 20, 2006

Frustrated???...Why???

Problem Bonus...


See this is what had happened...


I was at work. It was Tuesday morning, April 18. To a lot of people, it is just an ordinary day. To others, like myself, it was payday. I really don't make a big deal about paydays, even though I don't mind the money, but since we hit our goal for the month of March, we were due a bonus. Bonuses are nice, especially when they are not expected. I didn't believe that we would hit the goal, but somehow we did. Well, let me get to the problem. I arrived at work Tuesday. Now before I get to the floor that I work on, I always pick up a few items. My strawberry-banana smoothie, my onion bagel, and milk for my weight gain and protein drinks. I ran across a co-worker. She asked me if I checked my bank account. I advised her no. She then goes to tell me that she didn't see the bonus in her account. Now I wouldn't see it. I don't have direct deposit yet.

I get upstairs and I hear my fellow co-workers talkin' bout not getting their bonuses. Now these people are outraged, just flat out irate. I hear things like, "I'm not working any more overtime."..."I got bills to pay!"...."I have plans for that bonus." They were just huddled up and talking about what they gonna do and what's gonna happen if they don't get the bonus. Now some of them noticed that I was not reacting the way that the majority were. I just didn't see it the way they saw. I mean sure they did say that the bonus will be on the 4/18 paycheck. I knew that it could be an explanation for all of this so why jump the boat? I wasn't mad or angry about what was happening.

About 8:30, a meeting was held. The collections manager advised us that the bonus checks were separate from the original checks, which was good due to less taxes. They were mailed overnight to the company and will arrive today. We did receive the bonus checks that day as promised. As the morning grew on, I was thinking about what happened earlier and I got frustrated. I mean I was so frustrated that I couldn't think properly. A couple of co-workers noticed my all of sudden discomfort and asked me if I was okay. I told them I was, but I really wasn't. It was on my mind all day. For me to have experienced that uncomfortable morning, it was just not right. To see how money controls people at my job just made me very sad. That day I was in deep thought the whole day, zoning out others, trying to locate a solution.

I mean why did I get frustrated and saddened by that? This has not been the first time that I have gone through this type of spectacle, but not as frightening as the morning of April 18, 2006. I have an idea as to why this happened and I will explain my reason at a later time. If anyone reads this, I want to know what you think.


-Da Original 1-

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Shana said...

I'm sorry. . .but I would have been one of the ones that caused your frustration. I remember the time that payroll messed up my check and I didn't get paid when I was supposed to. . . to say I was LIVID would be an understatement. I get paid to provide a service. If I succesfully provide that service and I have signed a contract saying that I am going to get paid at a certain time each month then dammit you better make sure my money is in the bank (I do have direct deposit)or prepare to feel my wrath. I don't know if I believe that I am letting money "control" me . . . but I do know that money is a necessary evil in order to live the quality of life that I hav become accustomed to. Most people have plans for their money before they even get it. . . usually bills are included in these plans. The light company doesn't care that your check was late. . . they want to get PAID and will proceed to cut your lights off if they do not. It is also necessary to realize that not all people have money put away and basically live paycheck to paycheck. . .so for them, not having a check come in on time is a HUGE deal. I agree with Keish that money does not buy happiness . . .but it can definitely help pay for the search.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home